Tuesday, July 04, 2006

America's Birthday - Day 8 in the District

Well, it has been exciting these past 2 days. I have 6 full DV tapes of Codepink's TROOPS HOME FAST demonstration complete with interviews of Cindy Sheehan, Michael Berg, Daniel Ellsberg, Dick Gregory, and Diane Wilson. I also got more footage of the FReepers. I also saw many various activists delivering their message of peace in their own unique ways including a human puppet of G.W. Bush, a tibetan monk, a whole gang of grannies, and former veterans just being there for their country. Truly, activism was alive these past two days, and hopefully, this will garner more attentions from the President and his staffm, etc. Again, it was amazing to document and actually see the different personalities of a single protest. I was astonished by the diversity that I saw and the hopeful spirit. It was a good thing to see. It was also very amusing to see a protest for the legalization of Marijuana. Although, it quickly disorganized and fell apart. Somehow I think that's ironic.

Anyways, there are threats of thunderstorms but after watching the sox on Gameday(sigh), I hope to go and see the fireworks show from the feet of Honest Abe.

Until later,

Good Night and Good Luck

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home