Friday, July 07, 2006

Lazy Days - Day 11 in the District

Well, I haven't posted in awhile mostly because there hasn't been much to post. I have been going over all the footage I collected on the 3rd and 4th which have about 12 interviews and lots of protest footage of about 5 and a half hours. I really have enjoyed this trip thus far, being part-journalist and part-tourist. I will be going back to the front of the White House tomorrow to explore what is apparently the most popular day for protesting there. I will look to get some more protest footage but also interviews from more regular people. I have alot of activist interviews, now I need to find more non-active views. Also, this week, I will tour the Capitol building and State Department which look to be very exciting. Today, I visited Arlington which is a profound experience knowing the immensity of emotion that can be found in one relatively small area. The day before that I visited the American History Museum and National Zoo. The American History museum was good, but I am not surprised it is being renovated. It is fairly in need of some new way of updating the building and bringing more exhibits. The Zoo was great and the Smithsonian people appear to do a great job even though they can not free range their animals.

Aside from that, I have certainly slowed down my pace since Tuesday. I enjoyed watching Jon Lester pitch agains the World Champion White Sox tonight in Chicago and hold them to two runs. Hopefully, we don't wear him out. I will hopefully not have too long of a day that I won't catch some of tomorrow's game, but I will probably miss alot of Josh Beckett. Finally, I saw Pirates today and was not dissatisfied, although I was perturbed that the series has not ended and that there will be a third movie. Please, don't see any more third movies of a trilogy unless they rhyme with Wars or Rings. It is the only way Hollywood will learn! Anyways, I also give props to those who applauded the great Transformer's teaser trailer in the 2:45pm show at the Gallery Place Regal Cinemas, I can't wait either. 7.4.7 here we come.

Until next time

Good Night and Good Luck

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home